The RobotChallenge is both a course and a robot competition offered to students of the faculties Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. Two sensorized mobile robot platforms (with a 5-axis manipulator) are ready to use at the Institute of Mechatronic Systems. The competition includes tasks in the field of mobile manipulation, object detection, localization, navigation, simulation, etc. The RobotChallenge contains a practical part, during which two teams are expected to solve the tasks mentioned above self-reliantly, as well as a theoretical part, which covers the necessary principles. At the end of the term the students compete against each other in order to demonstrate the performance of the developed solutions.
Topics (subject to alterations)
- Navigation, path planning, and obstacle avoidance
- Object detection, object tracking, object localization, and object manipulation
- Simulation of the developed solutions in an VR-environment
- Introduction to ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Work with well-known software libraries such as OpenCV
- Gathering of practical experiences in distributed programming, revision control, and project management
Practical work on mobile robots
RobotChallenge video 02 is loading...
RobotChallenge video 03 is loading...
RobotChallenge video 04 is loading...
Organisational aspects (Attention: The following information are preliminary!)
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Tobias Ortmaier
- Term: Winter term
- Lectures: Tuesday, 10:15 - 11:45 am
- Lecture Room: Seminar room imes (third floor, room 301), building 3403 (Appelstraße 11a)
- Tutorials: Tuesday, 12:00 - 12:45 am
- Tutorial room: Seminar room imes (third floor, room 301), building 3403 (Appelstraße 11a)
- Type of exam: oral
- Start: 13.10.2015